For each day of travelling
For whom is OMNi-BiOTiC® TRAVEL suitable?
When staying abroad, the digestive system can easily become unbalanced by external influences of various kinds (unaccustomed foods, or a change in the daily rhythms). It becomes even more unpleasant if foreign microorganisms from water, ice cubes or also just from salads and unpeeled fruit get into the digestive system – and the intestine try to get rid of these invaders.
Whereas the most frequent diarrhoea pathogens, namely all ETEC strains, are simply unpleasant but self-limiting, (i.e. since the microorganisms excrete themselves along with the diarrhoea), an infection with salmonella, shigella or campylobacter is a great deal more problematical.
Therefore apart from all the other usual holiday preparations, you should not forget to also prepare your intestine for the journey – experts recommend special multi-species synbiotics.
When choosing what to eat, follow the general recommendation "cook it – peel it – or forget it!".
Short list of common bacteria by country:
- Egypt: The classic example – up to 92% of all visitors return from their Nile cruise suffering from diarrhoea.
- Turkey: Also the nicest hotel does not protect you from salmonella. Crucial are the hands of the personnel! Observe your own hygiene rules: wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Far East: Make sure you hear a "plop" sound when opening a new water bottle. If you do not hear it, this means an old bottle has been filled with tap water (attention with ice cubes as well!)
- Mediterranean countries and also often Eastern Europe: Never drink water from the tap!
- Caribbean: Only eat what has been well-cooked, is still hot, and completely "done" – no raw meat or fish!
- Italy: Campylobacter species already lurk in the northern Italian lakes, keep your mouth closed when swimming!
How does OMNi-BiOTiC® TRAVEL work?
OMNi-BiOTiC® TRAVEL contains a highly-active mixture of seven specifically selected bacterial strains that erect an impenetrable barrier for foreign microorganisms directly in the intestine, where our body first reacts.
An outstanding special feature of OMNi BiOTiC® TRAVEL is the matrix in which the bacteria are embedded: enzymes and fibre massively stimulate the activity of the synbiotic helpers and guarantee their survival in the hostile environment of the stomach and duodenum – entirely without chemical technical agents such as capsules or coatings.
How is OMNi-BiOTiC® TRAVEL applied?
It is best if you start a few days before the journey by taking 1 sachet of OMNi-BiOTiC® TRAVEL (= 5 g) daily in the morning before breakfast. Stir the powder into water, milk, tea or yoghurt, wait at least 1 minute for it to activate, stir again and then drink. Continue this procedure for the whole trip.
Maize starch, maltodextrin, plant protein, fructooligosaccharides (FOS), polydextrose, bacterial strains*, potassium chloride, magnesium sulphate, enzymes (amylases), manganese sulphate
*7 bacterial strains with at least 5 billion organisms per 1 portion (= 5 g):
Lactobacillus acidophilus W37
Lactobacillus casei W56
Lactobacillus rhamnosus W71
Lactococcus lactis W58
Lactobacillus salivarius W24
Lactobacillus plantarum W62
Bifidobacterium bifidum W23
Contains no animal protein, gluten, yeast, or lactose.
Suitable for diabetics, those allergic to milk, children, and during pregnancy / lactation.
|per 5 g (= 1 portion)||100 g|
|Calorific value||77.87 kJ|
|Fat||0.02 g||0.35 g|
|of these, saturated fatty acids||0.00 g||0.07 g|
|Carbohydrates||4.45 g||89.00 g|
|of these, sugar||0.18 g||3.54 g|
|Protein||0.17 g||3.32 g|
|0.17 g||3.34 g|
28 sachets (5 g each)
Food supplement with highly-active intestinal symbionts.
End of this page section.
Skip to overview of page sections.